Planning your wedding and stationery can be confusing, but no need to feel overwhelmed. I will work one on one with you and can help with all of your etiquette questions, guiding you through the whole stationery process so you have everything you actually need.
Berry and Peg is happy to work closely with your wedding planners and stylists to ensure stress-free, cohesive wedding design from start to finish.
Once you have set a wedding date and venue, you can work backwards to determine your stationery timeline.
For bespoke wedding stationery allow an extra 3-8 weeks for designing and painting, so get in touch as soon as possible to book a spot in my diary.
For ‘The collection’ designs it will take 3-4 weeks
For destination weddings, you may need to send your invitations up to three months in advance. That means the design process may need to begin five months before your wedding!
Here is a wedding stationery timeline to help you get started:
- You’re Engaged! Start dreaming and planning for your big day. Think about guest lists, budgets and start booking the top 3: Venue, photographer and celebrant to make sure you have a dream team on the day.
- 1 Year: Book your stationery designer and begin designing Save the Dates. Begin your address list.
- 1 year to 6 months: Mail your Save the Dates.
- 4-5 Months: Begin designing your BESPOKE Wedding Invitations.Talk to your venue about the RSVP date and what information they need.
- 3-4 Months: Send in information if you are getting one of the collection design Wedding Invitations.Talk to your venue about the RSVP date and what information they need.
- 2-3 Months: Mail your Wedding Invitations.
- 4-6 Weeks: Finalize and design your Day Of Stationery (Menus, Seating plan, order of service, Place Cards, etc.).
- 3-4 Weeks: Once you have your final numbers, finalize the guest seating plan. (getting a big poster and some sticky post its with each guest name is a good way to do this, you can move everyone around easily until you have it right.) Order thank you cards at the same time for easy delivery.
- Wedding Day: Just enjoy the moment HURRAY!
- 1 Month After: Mail thank you cards to your guests.
Bespoke Stationery Guide
1. Ideas & Design Stage
Ideas & Design stage: For a custom design we will work together to create something just for you, so collect together all of your inspiration for florals, colour, venue & style (including Pinterest boards). We can either an email and fill in a short form, a phone call or you can come and meet me at my studio in Redland Bay for a chat. I love talking weddings so don’t be nervous if you don’t have much so far, we can nut it out together.
2. Custom Quote:
Once I have established the design ideas and stationery requirements, I will send you a custom quote. This can be subject to change over the design process, depending on any additions.If you are happy with the quote and are happy to proceed with your order, please make sure you have read and understand the shop policies. A 50% deposit is payable for all orders under $600. Or a $300 deposit for all orders over $600.
3. Painting Stage:
This is my favourite stage and can take up to 10 working days, please keep in mind hand painting is a labour of love.
4. Proof Stage:
I will send you an email proof of the invitation design and you can make two rounds of revisions. PLEASE CHECK ALL SPELLING, GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION! And that all the necessary information is in the invitations (you may need to check with your venue any special rsvp information they need) Although I strive to not make any mistakes, I am still human. Any changes after confirmation will incur a reprint fee.
5. Printing & Production
Once approved for print, your final balance is due. I send the items to my trusted printer. I do not print all our items in house, and many designs are sent away, therefore we ask that you allow 7 days from confirmation before your designs will be ready. If you are having a specialty print method (foiling or a very large quantity) it may be a 14 day turn around, I will let you know based on current studio schedules. I will also complete any calligraphy you may have ordered in this time.
I use Australia Post standard post with tracking & insurance. If you need anything sent urgently, let me know and I can arrange express. (fee’s charged) I also offer an assemble, seal and send service, for customers who are having calligraphy or printed envelopes, so enquire if you would like this service. Or if you would like to collect them from the studio we can arrange this.